P G Diploma in Process Equipment Designing
Process Equipment & Pressure Vessel Technology
- Introduction about process Industry and EPC (Engineering , Procurement , Construction ) industry .
- List of Equipments used in Industries, their introduction, applications
Indian process plants, fabricators, engineering companies, LSTK Contractors and Detail Engineering consultants .
Material Technology related to Pressure Vessel Design and Engineering
- Basics on Material Technology related to Pressure Vessel Design
- Stress strain Diagrams, Types of Materials, Commonly used carbon steels, Stainless steels, Low and High alloy steels, ASME Code properties for different materials and Engineering properties related to materials.
- Factors governing choice of materials, criteria for material selection for process equipment
- Materials for Different temperature requirements (High and Low Temperature), NACE requirements, Hydrogen Requirements, Petrochemical Requirements, Sour gas service requirements,cryogenic services .
- Types of Gaskets , Gasket material selection , Role of gaskets in Pressure Vessel Design .
ASME Codes and its relation to Pressure Vessel Design
- Introduction of Various Standards of Different Consulting and Engineering Companies.
- Codes related to Pressure Vessels & Process Equipments, (ASME Sec.VIII Div.1, Latest issue, ASME Sec II, TEMA and API 650 etc.)
- Code philosophy understanding requirements of codes.- ie conditions/clauses governing pressure vessel design under ASME Sec VIII Div 1.
- Pressure vessel categories & code rules for design of Pressure Vessel Design.
Mechanical Design of Pressure Vessels
- Design and Analysis of Pressure Vessels & Component & Coded Design of Pressure Vessels (ASME Section VIII Division 1).
- Internal and External Pressure Design , Design of cylindrical vessels, various types of dished heads, flat heads,
- Design of Jacketed vessels, Limpet Coils, Horizontal equipments with saddle support.
- Various Types of Supports & Attachments: Leg, Skirt, Bracket Supports,
- Lifting attachments , Design of Anchor Bolts , Safe Loads for Ropes and Chains.
- Nozzle openings and reinforcements,Nozzle Local Load Analysis .
- Welded joints, Butt welded joints of unequal Thicknesses, Application of Welding Symbols.
- Role of MAP, MAWP, Design Pressure, Design Temperatures, Allowable Stresses, Corrosion Allowance and Loadings as per ASME in Pressure Vessel Design.
- Impact Testing, PWHT along with heating rates and cooling rates, Hydrotest pressure, Stamping of Vessels.
- Fabrication of Pressure Vessels:
- Plate rolling, Plate Bending, Welding methodologies (STAW, GTAW, GMAW, SMAW) , welding symbols , fabrication sequences , fabrication schedules, plate forming, cutting etc.
- Hydrotesting of pressure vessels, pneumatic testing of pressure vessels.
- Painting and coating for corrosion protection, surface preparation, pickling & passivation of process equipments.
Column & Tower Internals (Hours : 10)
- Types of Internals
- Functions of Internals
- Process aspect of these internals
- Specialized manufacturers of internals.
- Scope and design of the internals.
Design & Analysis of Heat Exchangers(Hours :40)
- Heat Exchanger Types , Classifiactions , TEMA types,
- Design of Shell ,Channel, Shell Bonnet , Channel Cover , Selection
of Girth Flanges.
- Limitations in the use of heat exchangers.
- Components of Heat Exchangers
- Design aspects in the design of Heat Exchangers .
- Tubesheet Design: Fixed Tubesheet , Floating Tubesheet , U –
- Design of tubesheet as per TEMA as per Bending and Shear Loading.
- Limiting cases in the design of heat exchangers.
- Testing of Heat ExchangersIntroduction to the following types of heat exchangers :
- Plate Heat Exchangers
Detailing Engineering Aspects of Process Equipements (Hours :30)
- Understanding the BASIC ENGINEERING PACKAGE , Tender requirements
of Clients , Engineering Design Basis , Understanding the Client and Project
requirements , Issues co agreed between
client and the Consultant.
- Preparation of Technical Specifications : Process Data Sheets and Mechanical
- Information flow between Process and Mechanical and other relevant
data required to prepare the Technical
- Understanding the scope of supply between mechanical,Civil &
- Enquiry Stage design , drawings and other relevant calculations
- Floating of enquiries to vendors and use of SAP system for proper Documentation
- Evaluaton of Vendor Offers , Preparation of Technical Queries , Technical Bid Evaluation , Technical Recommendation to be given to the Client.